Thursday, April 22, 2010

A double-sided index card day

This morning I got up at 4:30 and was at the YMCA from 5:00-about 8:45. I swam 9,500 yards! The first portion of my swim I did with a tri client, Shandor. Swimming with other people really helps make the time go by faster. I write my workouts on index cards (my coach in college used to write our workouts on index cards) and today the workout took up both sides. The first 6,000 went pretty smoothly, but the last 3,000 was a bit of a struggle. I am not having any pain in my shoulders, but my arms felt pretty heavy and I was really hungry. I ate some shotblocks during the practice and discovered that my new favorite flavor is Tropical Fruit. Yum! Although I did get yelled at for eating on the pool deck!

I rewarded myself with a fuddruckers hamburger and a chocolate milkshake for lunch...not the healthiest lunch ever, but I'd been craving one for a while. After my lunch I took a well deserved 2.5 hour nap. I'm feeling a bit sore now, but very satisfied with my workout today!

No comments:

Post a Comment