Saturday, May 29, 2010

Slowly getting a new routine down!

I didn't swim on Friday, but I did choose a pool! I joined The Wave, which I am pretty excited about. The pool is really nice and has LOTS of lap swim times! The Wave is further away from my house than the Summit, but I will drive further for a less crowded pool, plus Savannah works there! : )

So now that I have a gym and a pool I can swim at whenever I want, I started to get into my workouts-in-the-morning routine. When I start the new job on Wednesday, workouts before work is going to be the best option. So this morning, on a Saturday mind you, I got up at 6:30 am and went to workout. First I did about 15 minutes on the eliptical (I'm trying to slowly get back into running after a period of IT-band issues and the elipitcal is a low stress way to do that). Then I did about 4500 yards in the pool (and for much of it I had the WHOLE pool to myself). It was a great workout and I followed it up with 10 minutes of hot tub time!

The rest of my day was spent mostly indoors, as it rained and rained and rained some more! Tomorrow I am going to pool swim first thing in the morning, then try out another lake (rain or shine) in the afternoon...and maybe teach my puppy to swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment