Saturday, June 5, 2010

Along came a spider...

I first have a confession to make...sometimes I'm lazy. I was lazy Thursday AND Friday....and didn't swim at all those days! Booooo----I know. BUT, this morning I got up bright and early and swam 11,000 yards in 3 hours and 10 min.! That's a little over 6 and a half miles! I did the following: 2 x 1000, 2 x 900, 2 x 800, 2 x 700, 2 x 600, 2 x 500, 2 x 500, 2 x 400, 2 x 300, 2 x 200, 2 x 100. I pulled any of the odd number distances. I thought I would get bored somewhere in the middle (which is what usually happens on longer swim attempts), but I didn't!

I had a distraction though...

There was a SPIDER in my lane. Yes, it was dead, but it was a spider and I HATE spiders. It kept getting WAY too close to my face for my comfort. At one point, I thought it got sucked into the gutter (I had kept seeing it at a certain spot in the pool), and just when I started getting concerned that I had swallowed it or something it ALL of a SUDDEN was at the other end of the pool. That makes me think it hitched a ride on me....ugghhhh. Now, there are probably two things you are thinking 1) I should have scooped it out and 2) there will probably be at least one dead spider in the lake (among other things). Well, to that I say, 1) I could not scoop it out, I might have accidently touched it and 2) in the lake I won't be able to SEE it!

Well, regardless, the spider distracted me enough that not once did I contemplate reducing my workout, and THAT earned me a smoothie after my swim!

Six weeks til July 17th! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment