Friday, June 25, 2010

The things we want

"We do not get unlimited chances to have the things we want...nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could have changed your life."

I had a busy week. A good week, but gosh am I exhausted. I heard this quote on tv today...and I liked it a lot. I want crazy things, I set big goals and I tend to just go for it. I think this swim is an opportunity that may change my life. I love big goals...goals that make you know yourself better, goals that test your limits. Find big goals and go for it! : )

Last night I took a quick dip in Foys...only about a 30 min. swim, but the evening got away from me and that was all the time I had. Then this morning, I got up bright and early at 5am and went down to Somers (right were I will be starting the swim on the 17th) and swam for another brief swim (30 min. ish). I want to start getting used to getting up and going from the nice-cozy-I-just-got-out-of-bed-feel to THIS-LAKE-IS-KINDA-COLD. I was pleasantly surprised when I got in this morning and it didn't feel cold to me AT ALL!!! I would guess it was around 64-66 degrees--which is all I asked for! : )

My only complaint about the early am swim was that there apparently were mosquitoes that were crosses between bugs and elephants...they were huge and I have 4 of the biggest mosquito bites I have ever had! So, note to self...add bugspray to the list!

Tomorrow, depending on the weather I am either going to swim in Foys for a bit in the morning, or I will swim inside at the Wave. Then I am heading CDA, ID to watch the Ironman! My good friends Savannah, George, Tom, Shandor and Randy are all racing! I love watching people race, especially big races like this--watching dreams coming true, goals accomplished--there is nothing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment